Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

What I'm Making: Structured Crop Top Copy

On vacation this summer I had the pleasure of stopping into Nordstrom for a quick shopping adventure. For many of you I assume that going to Nordstrom is not that big of a deal, but I had never been to one before. Now, this was at the height of the crop top fad and I sifted through racks and racks of them. I finally settled on this one:

 

I fell in love with it because of its beautiful fabric and interesting structured quality. The real reason for this post, though, is that I decided to recreate it. Me, boredom, and extra fabric always ends in a big sewing mess.

I had scraps of dark grey jersey knit leftover from a top that I made in a high-school sewing class and never had the heart to throw out. I traced pattern pieces from the original crop top- it has a front and back panel, plus two princess-seam side panels. And this is what came out of it:


It's so comfy, and I wear it all the time. But as the weather is turning I suspect I'll have to put in the back of my closet in favor of warmer and less revealing clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment