Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

What I'm Making: Native Beaded Pendant Necklace

Whenever I'm out shopping for crafty things, I always try to look for the interesting things you don't see everyday.

 

This beaded pendant has been sitting in my craft drawer for a while. But I remember finding it all by its lonesome in the clearance section at Michael's. If there had been more I would have gotten them all. I'm actually not even sure if it is a pendant, but it works perfectly as one.


The pendant was quite floppy so I traced and cut out scrap of leather for the back. I punched three holes to attach jump rings to later. Then, smeared a thick glue onto the leather and stuck it to the pendant.


With a needle and thread, I carefully sewed the edge of the beads and leather together. Sewing through leather is not the easiest thing, so it took a little while. I put the jump rings through the punched holes and between the beads of the pendant.


In the end, I decided to take the top jump ring out. I had originally planned to attach another strand of chain to it, but I like it better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment