Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

DIY: Tassel Necklace

The sunshine is finally here! Yay! And so is the sweltering heat; and the sweating; and the skimpy clothing; and the thick slathering of sunscreen. Now I'm not so happy anymore.
How do you take your mind off this beautiful but sometimes uncomfortable paradox? You make stuff. These tassels happened to miraculously appear from somewhere and I have been wondering what to do with them. Because I had three, I didn't want to make earrings and have one left over. So logically, I made a necklace instead.


Supplies:
  • 3 Tassels
  • 3 Beads (at least, with medium-large holes)
  • Chain
  • 5 Jump-rings
  • Lobster clasp
  • Small piece of string
Here is a neat trick to get those beads onto the tassels: thread the string through the top loop...

Thread the bead onto the string. Push the bead all the way down onto the tassel loop. Add more beads if desired.
These beads remind me of candy.

 
Repeat with all three tassels.

Cut the chain to your desired length. Fold the chain in half to find the middle. Attach one tassel to the middle of the chain with a jump-ring.

 
Attach the two other tassels to the chain equal lengths away from the center tassel.

Attach the clasp to the ends of the chain. Done!


I don't know why, but this necklace really reminds me of pinatas?

No comments:

Post a Comment