Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

DIY: Agate Bead Ladder Necklace


Pinterest is my number one go to site for inspiration. It is kind of an addiction, actually. When I stumbled over this necklace from Jewel Mint it got my DIY senses tingling. My inspired piece uses beads that are much smaller, and twirly (I don't know how else to say it) bars instead of straight.


Materials:
Chain
22 gauge wire
3 agate beads or beads of choice
4 links of bar chain
Wire cutters; round nose pliers


Thread a single bead onto your wire and create loops on either side. Repeat with other beads. If you are not sure how to do this follow this tutorial.


Most bar chains use several little jump-rings to connect each bar together. I made use of these instead of using other jump-rings. Leave one jump-ring on each side of the bars.

First cut your chain to your desired necklace length. I made this necklace fairly long so I omitted using a clasp.

Decide which bead you are going to use for the bottom 'rung' of your ladder. Attach one bar to one loop of your bead. Open the jump ring on the other side of that bar and attach the second bead. Leave the jump-ring open. Remove one of the jump-rings from the second bar and attach that end to the jump-ring you left open.

Attach the third bead and the chain to the top jump-ring of the second bar.


Repeat on the other side, and you are done!


I love these agate beads because each of them is unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment