Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

DIY: Stretch Pyrite Bracelet

I have been ignoring my blog for a couple of weeks now. With end of semester projects, finals, and holiday preparations it seemed to fall to the bottom of my to-do list. But, now that school is over for the holidays I hope to get back into the habit of making and blogging.


If you need a last minuet gift or a little sparkle for a Christmas party this is the perfect bracelet. Stretch bracelets are perfect for beginners: they require no special tools. They are also great for gift giving because you do not need to know the exact size of the receiver's wrist.

Supplies:
  • Square Pyrite beads
  • Stretch beading cord
  • Scissors
  • Super glue


















Measure the stretch cord approximately one and a half times around your wrist, and cut it. I like to use two pieces of stretch cord because I'm paranoid that it will break. But, it never has.
Thread all of your beads onto the cord.



















Take the two ends and knot them together at least twice. I knot it four times, because, again, I'm paranoid that it is going to come apart.



















Put a couple drops of super glue on the knot. Cut the ends of the cord short. Gently pull one of the beads over the knot so that it is hidden.


This bracelet is definitely a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment